The rules for the NorthCape-Tarifa bike adventure are simple and largely self-policed. The rules attempt to embody the spirit of self-support and fairness for all riders.
- Riders must complete the full course from start to finish.
- Riders must be fully self-supported and not receive any private outside assistance.
- Drafting is prohibited. Exception registered pairs.
- All forward travel must be by bicycle.
- Only ferry allowed: Helsinki to Tallinn.
- All riders are required to carry GPS tracker.
- Riders must follow the designated route.
- It is expected of all riders to know, respect and observe local laws.
- Riders must act in the spirit of adventure, speed and above all fun.
- If you have no front or rear light, then no riding in the dark will be permitted.
- No insurance, no ride. (click here if you need insurance)
The following recommendations are at the discretion of every rider:
- Wear a helmet all time you are on the bike. (respect the laws of the country you are cycling in, see FAQ’s)
- Make yourself visible to other road users at the night with reflective stickers on your bike and illuminating elements on your clothes ( a law of the road in France).
- Make yourself visible to other road users at daytime with good visible clothes.
- Don’t listen to music with earphones while riding (earphones are not allowed in France)